Palmistry - Composite Whorl Fingerprints - The Yin Yang Marking
RSS Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

My Psychic Secret Weapon #1- Deniz Akan from Dimensional Healing
21 Amazing Benefits of Breastfeeding - Healing for Mums and Babies
Gigi Hadid's Assault by 'Prankster' Vitalii Sediuk - When Master 33 Lifepaths Collide, Sparks Fly!
Are You Honest with Money? 8 Chakra-Based Tips for Creating Cashflow
What's the Spiritual Meaning of Wallaby - My Latest Furry Animal Totem

Most Popular Posts

Are you a wordaholic? Markings in writers' hands
Why Am I Seeing Repeating Numbers such as 1111, 111, 222 and 333?
The Metaphysical Meaning of Teeth - Are You Biting Off More Than You Can Chew?
Why do I see 11:11 on Clocks? Part One
Palmistry, Megan Fox & The Murderer's Thumb

Famous People
Forrest Bump
Guest Posts
Media Interviews
Past Life Regression
Psychic Relationship Advice
readings by Sarah - Psychic Events
Spiritual Health
What It's Like To Be A Psychic Series
powered by

Psychic Readings by Sarah

Palmistry - Composite Whorl Fingerprints - The Yin Yang Marking

Today I'm writing on one of my favourite palmistry topics - the Composite Whorl Fingerprint (see left).

In palmistry, fingerprints represent the fixed parts of our personality, including our innate strengths and challenges.

Some palmreaders work solely with your fingerprints (see Richard Unger's book Lifeprints), however I like to use them in conjunction with other palmistry aspects, as well as face reading and numerology.

The Composite Whorl is considered a fairly rare print - it is usually seen on the thumb/s if at all, as well as on the index finger. I recently read a palmistry textbook where the author said he had only seen a handful of people with these prints, whereas around 10-15% of my clients have them (as do I).

This just goes to show that psychic readers attract clients who are like them - the people we see are not necessarily a perfect cross-section of society.

The S-shaped nature of the Composite Whorl gives its bearer the following characteristics, and this is especially the case if the print appears on one or both thumbs*.

*The thumbprints give an overall picture of our personality, whereas other fingers cover aspects of our nature (e.g. forefinger is our way of thinking and career).

Pros of a Composite Whorl fingerprint

-Dual minded (often with prominent 11s or other unusual numerology in their date of birth and name).

-Good at counselling, facilitating, arbitrating and making fair decisions for other people.

-Have a natural connection with other dimensions and space travel/ beings (also known as star people).

-Drawn to occupations where justice and objectivity are important.

-Third eye chakra is more open than average, meaning they can see life after death and the connections between chance events.

-Deep interest in spirituality, especially Buddhism or Eastern religions.

-Accepting of other races, and may marry into other cultures (especially Asian ones).

-Know there is more to life than material success - this is because the print looks like a Yin Yang symbol (see right), which represents true understanding of the Universe (i.e. that good and bad only exist in our minds).

Cons of a Composite Whorl fingerprint

-Because they can always see both sides of an issue, they may procrastinate on important decisions in their personal life (such as changing jobs, relationships or health habits). It's crucial for them to develop bulletproof faith in their intuition as otherwise their mind will destroy them. Studying spiritual law will help a lot!

-Split personality can be an issue, for example being one way in a certain environment and the complete opposite at home.

-Some palmists link this print to schizophrenia or manic depression however I would caution against rushing to conclusions. This print is associated with very high psychic ability and too often in history great visionaries have been medicated or imprisoned simply because of their gifts.

-In most palmistry textbooks the Composite Whorl is considered an unfortunate fingerprint because of its link to indecision.

Speaking from personal and client experience, I know this is a handicap that can be overcome. I have read the hands of many successful entrepreneurs, musicians and celebrities with these prints, in many cases they were late bloomers who had to learn to trust themselves 100%.

Johnny FIncham wrote some helpful advice for Composite Whorl people, which was - if you are 60% sure about something, that is enough. I interpret this to mean take action based on your best guess and get the feedback rather than sitting on the fence.

I hope this article has helped you to understand more about the beauty of your fingerprints.

Happy handreading!

To find out more about your spiritual health, life purpose and palmistry, book an in person or phone/ Skype reading with me for January 2014. I'd love to meet you soon.

7 Comments to Palmistry - Composite Whorl Fingerprints - The Yin Yang Marking:

Comments RSS
Mindi on Thursday, 3 April 2014 5:39 AM
It's called a Double Loop Whorl, not Composite. They are not rare. Read "The Science of Fingerprints" by the FBI.
Reply to comment
Sarah Yip on Friday, 4 April 2014 11:09 PM
Hi Mindi, thank you for your feedback. I had a look at the book you recommended and yes a Composite Whorl is known as a Double Loop Whorl in forensics, however palmists almost always call it a Composite. Confusing I know. This type of Whorl is considered rare in that it occurs on approx 4% of fingerprints. Many palmreaders I have talked to rarely see these prints at all, but I see them on perhaps 20-30% of my clients. I believe this is because I have them too so I understand the traits they reveal. Best wishes, Sarah

Kit on Friday, 28 November 2014 2:48 PM
Hi Sarah, Thanks for putting this info up where it can be found. I've been living a nightmare recently, and my childhood studies of palmistry somehow (happens like that often ;) nudged me about my thumb print. Reading through your site and the links you provided have already been of great assistance. All the best, Kit
Reply to comment

Keith on Sunday, 23 August 2015 1:46 AM
Hi Sarah, I have recently found your article online. The most enlightening so far despite its relatively short length! Just curious if you also take into account toe prints in your palmistry reading? Because logically, I would suspect if the fingerprints tell the nature of a person, then toe prints should say something too right? I have a composite whorl on my right thumb (I'm right handed), and both my big toes and the middle toe of my left foot are also composites. What would you make of this? Thanks a million!
Reply to comment

Netta on Monday, 23 November 2015 9:33 AM
Hi Sarah, thank you for such an interesting article! I have composite whorls on both my thumbs as well as both ring and pinky fingers- is this of any particular significance?
Reply to comment

misty on Sunday, 17 January 2016 4:11 AM
Hi sarah, i follow on facebook but actually stumbled on this article after adding my dads bday as i wrote it on his picture cd from his funeral. 6/26/1962=22 i cant believe i never noticed he was a 22. He was a genius who from start to finish had a very hard life, was also a alcoholic from very young. It all makes sense now. However, my comment is about the prints. After reading the article you say most people have one or two, im an 11 (10/24/1984), and on my left hand i have 4 and on my right 3. My right has one that looks like it was going to be one but it closes off into a circle almost like a tear drop on my index. On both ring fingers i have the circle prints. And my whole life i always saw 10:24, but for the past two years i always and i mean always see 11:11. I had even started taking screen shots whenever id see it on my phone but found there just wasnt enough room to keep up with it. Im extremely A.D.D. and Im definately living on the negative side of my life path right now. Im afraid im wasting my potential. My last name grandmaison adds to 22 so i know my time is coming but im afraid i'll miss it. Can you offer any insite for me please. Also ive always had psychic type instances throughout life. But i've noticed that its happening almost on a daily for the past 3 weeks, but i dont know how to decipher the thoughts till after it manifests usually within 5-10mins after ive seen it in my head.
Reply to comment

Alana Turner on Monday, 4 July 2016 9:32 PM
Hi Sarah, Wow, Im really intrigued by the amount of spiritual awareness in Brisbane. My life path is 32/5, soul urge number is 34/7 and my destiny number is 53/8. Also growing up in Brisbane, my left ring finger is a backwards S. Which I believe may to do with my destiny 8. Thank you for this article! I'd love to meet you, this website is amazing.' Alana.
Reply to comment